My friend Kat tagged me last week, asking for a list of 6 quirky, but fairly ordinary things about myself.
So, in no particular order here goes...
1. I have a 'thing' for painting things, often white, sometimes cream or pale blue. Particularly old furniture that's in need of some TLC. I love the Swedish or Scandinavian decor style, especially when it's a little distressed, simplistic and fresh.
2. I actually enjoy doing my ironing, outdoors preferably if possible in the summertime. I find it calming and the perfect time for creative thoughts.
3. I absolutely 'hate' brussel sprouts, liver and stew - Yuk! Always have, ever since
those nasty primary school dinners that we were made to eat while some very stern dinner ladies or prefects watched over us.
4. I am gluten intollerent (not Celiac's) and I used to think it was just wheat but it is in cornflour and oats too! Just can't digest the stuff and get the most unbearable tummy cramps if I eat some by mistake. So cakes, biscuits and pasta are a no no for me unfortunately. It's not such a big deal as I love so many other foods and will occasionally treat myself to some 'gluten free' yummies. But not the gluten free bread as it usually resembles a brick!
5. I am a bit of a neat freak (or so I am told) If my house is messy I start to get a tad irate and reach for my rubber gloves or a broom quicker than you can say 'dust bunny'.
6. Cold fingers and toes, yep those extremities of mine struggle to get warm in winter no matter how many layers of clothing I wear. Is that quirky or perhaps a little worrying I wonder?
I don't really like tagging people, or at least not too often but I think my sister Heidi, my friend Kathy (who already has some on her blog) and Lyn might like to take part at some point in the future. I would be interested to read their 6 quirky, but ordinary things about themselves if they feel like sharing them.