May 25, 2008

First Summer BBQ


Feels like it really is Summertime this weekend! Saturday morning I took the girls for a little shopping and in the afternoon after washing all the bedding, storing the electric blankets in the attic (yay!) I did some ironing outside looking at this view, while sipping a mug of Tazo wild sweet orange tea with a lemon slice - bliss!

Craig busied himself in the garden planting more veggies and mowing with a contraption called an aerator attached to the tractor. I know that secretly he loves doing this ! This morning Craig and I were awake early enough to catch a few local yard sales and I spied another little wooden shelf unit for five dollars. A fun project to work on later in the week :) It most definitely needs a coat of paint and then the question is what shall I store in it? A BBQ of our own is something we haven't enjoyed for a long time, in fact not since leaving New Zealand in 2004, when we left behind a flashy red gas one. This weekend we unpacked a small, humble charcoal Weber BBQ! It worked a treat and after rustling up a quick salad and fresh bread to go with meat, it was a fun and memorable 'first' family BBQ of summer 2008.

Earlier in the day we assembled the gazebo, which has been stored in the barn during the winter. So nice to finally have a little haven outdoors where we will be protected from the black fly and mossies! Now I did promise myself that my hummingbird posts were finished, but after capturing a couple of feisty males today fighting over a drink! I thought I would share them with you....

They remind me of tiny fairies from a childhood storybook.

Hazel xx

Song: Balloons and Champagne by Ephemera

4 comments:

  1. Gosh, I never realised just how 'small' Hummingbirds are! Lovely video :)
    Can't wait to see how you transform the little shelves you found...

    Till later...
    K x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats so cool - those birds were sure having a scrap. The little shelf - would it fit cotton reels or butons or even your little animals. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh... what a lovely view, even I could enjoy ironing there! Tony would openly LOVE to play with Craig's aerator, he's quite envious you know! Not much call for such a contraption when you live halfway up a rocky mountain though. Bless those darling little hummingbirds, great catching them on video Hazel, thanks.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, your comments are appreciated.