1. I met my husband Craig 18 years ago on a plane! We had seats next to each other right at the back on a 10 hour KLM flight from Johannesburg to London.
NO we didn’t join the mile high club!
2. I lived in Norway for 7 years in total in my 20's and can speak Norwegian fluently (well I may be a little rusty now). I used to translate as part of my job, but I don’t think I would feel confident enough to write it anymore. I do love reading some Norwegian and Swedish blogs though just to keep in practice :D
3. My birth sign is Pisces, born February 29th so a leap year baby too. I am quite nostalgic and sentimental, more so as I get older (perhaps this is normal?) I like to keep in touch with all my friends, look through old photographs. I still have these ‘special’ pyjamas that I wore when my eldest daughter was born almost 16 years ago! I just can't bring myself to throw them away and keep them wrapped in tissue paper in a hat box along with some other bits and pieces that have happy memories.
4. I love ‘thrifting’ for special treasures. Particularly vintage items that really appeal to me and I know have potential, I usually know exactly where they will go in my home. Painting wooden furniture is a hobby of mine and I get itchy fingers just looking at something that needs some TLC!
5. I am lucky enough to have a wonderful husband, two talented teenage daughters and a dream home – my family mean everything to me.
6. A few people in my life have inspired me; firstly my Granny Mary who taught me how to sew and had a great vintage suitcase full of fabric scraps and a huge wooden box of buttons and always took the time to help with whatever craft project I wanted to start. My friend Keriann in New Zealand who has the most warm and welcoming home I have ever been lucky enough to visit, she bakes wonderful cakes and sews beautiful quilts too. My daughters’ who believe in me, give me encouragement and manage to brighten my day no matter how dull.