September 27, 2009

Let there be more light!

Last week I made a 'light tent', in preparation for the winter days when there won't be as much daylight to take decent photos of my 'sewing projects'.
First I had to find a sturdy cardboard box.
Then came some careful measuring .....
Some tricky cutting out .....
Finally I covered the inside of the box frame with white card and the holes on the outside with some polycotton sheeting, taped down with cellotape. 
The final step was to find a suitable light to place over the top so as to eliminate any shadows.
I am still in the process of finding the best way to position the light and I could possibly do with another one, so I can have one on each side. I found that the light from the energy saving bulb worked best, as it gives a white glow rather than yellow.
The tent (or box) definitely eliminates most of the shadowing but with an extra light source it should be even better. I shall try it out with coloured card too, as I prefer a soft blue background, especially for the felt animals, the white card looks a bit grey.
This week I am working on my laundry room, having ordered some fabric online from Etsy, I am very excited to get measuring and snipping once it arrives in the mail box :)
At the moment I just have a bare canvas, Craig repainted the bench as it was a teensy bit worn from being outside all summer. The blue accessories have been moved elsewhere and it is ready for a make over .....


Hazel x

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hazel - got your email thanks. Will get back to you in a few days.
    Love the light box - you are so clever. I couldn't view the last photo for some reason and I so wanted to spy what you are doing. Next time maybe. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, your comments are appreciated.